About the Presenter:
• Over 3,000 TV/Radio Appearances – ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, KUSI, KPBS, KOGO
• Over 160 Trials – Hate Crimes, Domestic Violence, First-Degree Murder
• Author of "RED FLAGS Frenemies, Underminers and Ruthless People"
• Public Lawyer of the Year
• Special Operations Division
San Diego County District Attorney's Office
• President – Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP) San Diego Chapter
Lunch Provided by Bongiorno's New York Pizzeria!
Just How Big is the Risk?
Bigger Than You Might Think...
• Each year, nearly two million employees are the victim of workplace violence (OSHA).
• 10% of all fatal workplace injuries are the result of homicide (BLS)
• Approximately 700 people are murdered on the job each year (OSHA).
• Almost half of active shooter incidents took place in the workplace (FBI).
Learn Cutting-Edge Threat Management Strategies
• The link between discrimination, harassment and bullying and workplace violence.
• Recognizing the likelihood of an angry or disgruntled employee or former employee taking action for revenge.
• The link between substance abuse and workplace violence.
• Recognizing, documenting and taking preventative action in response to behavior that may progress to violence – perpetrators of violence often display warning signs of aggression in advance of committing acts of real violence.
• The need for a crisis management team – this team should be comprised of HR, security and department supervisors to oversee the company's workplace violence prevention initiative.
• Creating an effective workplace violence prevention policy – a must for every California employer.
• Protecting employees through education and training on how to react.
• OSHA’s charge for workplace violence training requirements in all workplaces and how the General Duty Clause is being used to take action against employers that fail to protect their workers from recognized hazards of workplace violence.
Don't Let Your Workplace Become the "Scene of the Crime"
Presented by Wendy Patrick, JD, PhD
Law and Management Resource Center & San Diego-Poway Hampton Inn & Suites
Workplace Violence Threat Assessment and Prevention
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Presentation – 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Check-In – 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
At San Diego-Poway Hampton Inn & Suites
Cost (includes Lunch):
To Register via Credit Card: Submit payment via our PayPal above by selecting the appropriate option and hitting the “Add to Cart” button.
To Register via Check: Please mail check made payable to the Poway Business Park Association to us at P.O. Box 501855, San Diego, CA 92150. Please include the name(s) of each attendee with your payment. Please note that your registration will not be complete until we receive payment.
In order to be eligible for a refund or credit, a cancellation request must be received in writing no later than five (5) days prior to the date of the event.
Need required SHRM and HRCI Continuing Education Credits? The Law and Management Resource Center (LMRC) is recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as a Recertification Provider for Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM and SHRM-SCPSM credentials. Receive required SHRM and HRCI credits and maintain your credentials by attending LMRC programs.
Content copyright 2018 © Poway Business Park Association. All rights reserved.